From the launch of a new business unit and accounting offering to the rollout of a mandatory employee vaccination mandate, here are nine updates on Cerner’s operations, software products and partnerships reported by Becker Hospital Examination in October.
Editor’s Note: Updates are listed in the order in which they were reported.
1. In a recent editorial shared on LinkedIn, David Feinberg, MD, former director of Google Health, shared his motivation for taking on Cerner’s new role as President and CEO: the opportunity to use technology to improve the lives of patients every day.
2. Cerner officially marketed its Kansas City, Kansas-based continuous campus as part of EHR’s move to a hybrid work model.
3. Cerner will require all U.S. employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8.
4. Cerner is one of the most adopted clinical communication platforms, with 67% of providers having implemented it in their organizations for at least four different roles, including clinical and non-clinical staff, according to a recent report. from KLAS Research.
5. Cerner unveiled a new patient accounting offering on October 6, dubbed RevElate, to enhance its revenue cycle management portfolio.
6. As part of his strategy to lead Cerner, Dr Feinberg is focusing on improving the usability and interoperability of the EHR, he said at the virtual event of the company based DSE. Kansas City, Missouri, Oct.12.
7. Powell (Wyo.) Valley Healthcare will transition from its EHR NextGen Healthcare Information Systems to a new Cerner system.
8. Dr Feinberg has confirmed that EHR is cutting 150 jobs in November after the layoffs leaked on Reddit.
9. Cerner unveiled its new business unit, Cerner Enviza, which will focus on data development and clinical research with recently acquired subsidiary Kantar Health.