- Bachelors And Bachelorettes
- How to Increase Friendship Levels
Rune Factory 5like many other farming RPGs, allows the player to marry certain NPC characters. Relationships and children aren’t just fluff, they’re central to much of the game’s content. Courting a character isn’t as easy as in older games. Long gone are the days of showing Karen from Harvest Moon 64 your dog until she liked you.
There are more than a few steps to go through in the Rune Factory 5 romance system. Each character has their own set of story cutscenes that need to play out. There are also certain requirements to be met beyond just increasing someone’s friendship level. You can’t speedrun by falling in love, but this guide will give you some tips.
Bachelors And Bachelorettes
There are six male and six female marriage candidates in Rune Factory 5. Unlike previous versions, the game does not restrict marriage candidates based on the gender of the player character. There’s also no “special” bachelor(ette) – the requirements are the same for all characters.
|Luke *||Scarlet *|
|Reinhard *||Ludmila *|
* The character is not available at the start of the game and will appear later in the story.
How to Increase Friendship Levels
The first step to marrying a character is become friends. Friendship Levels aren’t just for romantic NPCs, they’re one of the most crucial parts of the game. To raise a character’s Friendship Level, you’ll need to spend a lot of time with them. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to befriend villagers:
- Talk to them every day. There is an icon above the heads of NPCs you haven’t spoken to all day. Only one conversation per day earns points. If you purchase the Crystalabra’s Greeting Spell, you can greet people once per day for a small fee.
- Give them gifts. Each character has a specific list of things they like and dislike receiving. Try different things and see how they react. NPCs will take more than one gift if you offer, but only a loved gift will actually contribute to his friendship total per day. Other gifts will not count. Gifts offered on a character birthday also have a much greater effect.
- Improve their favorite skills. Each character has at least one skill they care about. If you talk to someone after improving their favorite skill, they will compliment you on your efforts. It also gives a boost to friendship. You will gain even more friendship as you level up to higher skill levels.
- Make their requests on the task board. Completing a request will increase the friendship level with the person who posted it. The characters closest to you can even ask you when you talk to them.
- Go on an adventure with them. Any character to Friendship level 3 or higher will join your party if you ask them. You can then take them to dungeons.
- Go to the festival dates. Some festivals, like the Seaside Lights Festival, will allow you to ask a character on a date for the day. However, they are likely to turn you down if your friendship with them is low. Winning a festival contest will also increase friendship with everyone in town.
How to date
The player character and their chosen love interest must be romantically involved before Marriage is unlocked. Here’s what you need to start dating a character:
- A friendship level of 7 or higher.
- Two of their romantic events are over. Romantic events appear as pink icons On the map. You can only have one active romantic event at a time, and you have to clear the current one to see a new one. For example, if Lucy’s Romance event is active, you must go to hers for another character’s event to appear. Some romance events will only trigger at a certain point in the main storyline.
Once you meet these conditions, you can confess a character with the “Besides…conversation option. Keep in mind that your chances of successfully making a confession at friendship level 7 are actually quite low – if you get rejected, you’ll have to increase your friendship level before trying again. Of course, you can always save your confession by reloading a previous save. Even if you are refused, there is no way to be excluded from the meetings. At friendship level 10, all faiths will automatically be accepted.
Once you’re officially in a relationship, you can go on dates to further elevate the friendship. Each character also has three Special date eventswhich work the same way as romantic events. You will need to see all of this to get married.
how to get married
Unlike sister series Story of Seasons, Rune Factory 5 only allows players to get married after having completed the main story. Once you’re in the post-game, have friendship level 10 with your partner and have seen all of their special dates, a request will be posted on the task board. Accept it to unlock two crucial items:
- Engagement ring: Craftable item that requires 1 ore and 1 gem.
- Double bed: Palmo will sell this once you accept the request. It costs 30,000 G, 40 Stone and 80 Wood.
Once you have these items, you can give the engagement ring to your partner to propose. Congratulations! The wedding ceremony will take place the next day.
While it’s possible to date multiple characters at once, you can only be married to one person. Also, there is no way to divorce a character, even if you lower their friendship level. Make sure you are ready to commit.
how to have children
Once 20 days have passed since your marriage, your partner may ask you if you want kids when you talk to them. If you don’t want your character to have children yet, you can say no. The prompt will reappear a week later. If you’re ready, say yes to begin the chain of events that will lead to the birth of your first son or daughter.
Same-sex couples can have children in Rune Factory 5. Cutscenes differ, but all prompts and choices are the same.
Two weeks later, your spouse will ask you again. Here you can choose your child’s gender and personality. Personality will affect their appearance and dialogue once they are born and become a child.
Expect another three weeks and the final cutscene will trigger, showing the birth of your child. You can name them yourself or use the default name. Your child is aging very quickly – in fact, he becomes a five-year-old immediately after birth. Your son or daughter will have 10 Default friendship level. They will be able to take good care of themselves, but you can give them gifts or add them to your adventuring party.
One year after the birth of your first child, your spouse will ask you again to have a second child. This time, however, your character is guaranteed to have Twins – a girl and a boy, so you will not be able to select the gender. The game limits you to having three children.
NEXT: Rune Factory 5: How to Farm SEED Points Quickly