Registrations are open for AThe Tech Ventures Summer Institute, From Idea to Startup, an educational and networking opportunity designed to help attendees think through a range of topics related to starting a business.
The workshop will take place July 19-21 at the Nebraska Innovation Campus Conference Center. It is open to professors, staff, post-docs and students. Participants are required to attend both days. Registration is available on the ATech Ventures website.
Workshop topics will include validating ideas, forming entities, and financing a startup. Founders will also share personal aspects of the startup journey, including lessons learned and mistakes made. Guest speakers will explain how they have taken advantage of business accelerator programs and other structured support networks.
Participants will have the opportunity to create a quick pitch or presentation of their ideas, as well as develop networks within the local entrepreneurship support ecosystem.
Startup Workshop speakers and panelists:
- Vishal Singh, CEO and founder of Quantified Ag, now part of Merck Animal Health;
- Carrick Detweiler, CEO of Drone Amplified and Professor Susan J. Rosowski, University of Nebraska-Lincoln School of Computing;
- Karthika Perumal, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (USA);
- Ben Williamson, Principal and General Counsel, Invest Nebraska;
- Scott Henderson, Managing Director, NMotion, Nebraska’s premier startup accelerator;
- Bart Dillashaw, representing the Nebraska Angels; and
- Kate Engel, Director of Strategic Partnerships and Communications, Nebraska Innovation Campus.