The Pleasanton School Board gathered for their regular meeting on June 14th with all members in attendance. The school board includes: Ralph Unger, Blasa Chapa, Gerald Guerra, Patrick Hurley, Jessica Tom, Pete Pawelek and Loren Gillespie.
No public comments were received. As a result of Superintendent Cheryl Barron’s report, the following reports were written:
• ACAD Preliminary Values/Appeals 2021 – Michelle Berdeaux
•SAMCO– Duane Westerman
• Budget report – Jennifer Donato
• Safety/Security – Michael Gilbert
The board unanimously approved the minutes of the regular meeting of May 10, the budget workshop of May 19 and the financial reports.
As part of new business, the board unanimously approved:
•Exemption for the compulsory use of the reading diagnostic instrument adopted by the commissioner as of 2022-2023 for second-year students.
• The purchase of educational software packages from Curriculum Associates for an estimated amount of $104,365, as presented.
• Reject all bids for the New Agricultural Barn Facilities Project RFP #2022-04 and re-tender at a later date as presented.
Board members unanimously approved a district teaching license for high school health sciences for the 2022-2023 school year.
Trustees met for a budget workshop on June 22. Jessica Tom was not present.
Topics included: AD budget options, salary comparisons with other districts, ACAD values, budget reports for campuses and departments, capital improvement projects, safety and security, and school expenses. special education.
The PISD School Board meetings scheduled so far this month are the Regular Meeting on Tuesday, July 12 at 6:30 p.m. and the Budget Workshop on Thursday, July 28 at 6 p.m. Meetings are held at PISD’s central office at 831 Stadium Dr. in Pleasanton.
The Pleasanton Express will attend these meetings and follow up with reports on both.