BALLSTON SPA, NY – The Saratoga County Career Center has announced the next series of its virtual career workshops. The November workshop series will be held in conjunction with other County Career Centers in the Greater Capital Region. All workshops are free.
• Nov. 1 at 11 a.m.: Transferable skills. Transferable skills are qualities you have already learned that can be used in another job. Learn how to make employers see the connection between your qualities and the skills needed to do the job and present yourself as the solution to an employer’s problem. Hosted by Warren and Albany.
• Nov. 9 at 10 a.m.: goal setting. This workshop explores how goal setting works, why goals are important, and provides helpful resources to help you achieve your dreams. Facilitated by Washington and Albany.
• Nov. 10 at 10 a.m.: CV development. This workshop covers the basics of a powerful and effective cover letter, including formatting, job fit, and the online application process to land an interview. Please have a draft of your resume with you. Hosted by Rensselaer & Columbia-Greene.
• Nov. 14 at 10:30 a.m.: Preparation for the interview. Learn how to articulate your strengths, what questions to expect, tackle difficult topics, and navigate the interview process. Facilitated by Schenectady.
• Nov. 17 at 11 a.m.: Fill out job applications. Statistics show that about 50% of medium-sized companies and almost all large companies use an Applicant Tracking System to screen candidates for job opportunities. Learn how to prepare your online application to get the most exposure to hiring managers. Hosted by Warren and Washington.
• Nov. 22 at 11 a.m.: Overcoming barriers. Participate in an informal discussion on how to overcome potential barriers to finding a job. Whether you have needs related to transportation, childcare, previous involvement with the justice system, inexperience, health issues or more, this workshop will provide you with resources and strategies to help you achieve your goals. Goals. Facilitated by Saratoga and Fulton-Montgomery-Schoharie.
• Nov. 29 at 1:30 p.m.: Social media. Your social media presence can make or break your ability to find a job. Learn how to use social media to your advantage in job hunting and marketing yourself to land that job or career you’ve always dreamed of. Facilitated by Schenectady.
Registration is required for all workshops. Visit https://thejoblink.org/calendar/ to register or call the Saratoga County Career Center at (518) 884-4170 for more information. The workshops are offered through Saratoga County Career Center’s WorkPays! workforce education campaign.