HENRICO COUNTY, Virginia (WWBT) – Public Schools in Henrico County are announcing that Bridge Builders Academy workshops will begin this fall.
These series are designed to give you the information you need and to make connections between families, community and school division.
Each of the workshops in the series represents one of the four “learning threads” or categories, to make it easier to find relevant information. These learning areas are:
- Beyond the classroom
- Equity and inclusion
- Exceptional education
- Information, access and opportunities
Some of the workshops are virtual, and students, staff, and community residents can participate using Microsoft Teams.
The following workshops are:
- “HCPS Online Services: Explore the PowerSchool Parent Portal and Rycor Online Forms”, September 21 at 6:00 p.m. (virtual)
- “Exploring Elementary Resources”, September 28 at 6:00 p.m. (virtual)
- “Information session for English language learners”, October 7 at 6 p.m. (virtual)
- “More Than Sad: Mental Health and Your Child,” October 12 at 6 p.m., New Bridge Learning Center Auditorium, 5915 Nine Mile Road, Henrico, Virginia 23223
- “Film: ‘Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls’,” October 19 at 6:00 – 8:30 p.m., Highland Springs High School Auditorium, 200 S. Airport Drive, Highland Springs, Virginia 23075
- “Film: ‘Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls'”, October 21, 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Varina High School Auditorium, 7053 Messer Road, Henrico, Virginia 23231
- “Assistive Technology 101”, October 26 at 6 p.m. (virtual)
- “The signs of suicide (SOS)”, November 9 at 6 p.m. (virtual)
Copyright 2021 WWBT. All rights reserved.
Send it to 12 here.
Want the best NBC12 stories delivered to your inbox every morning? Subscribe here.