The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events over the coming week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We searched the web for notable events. Do you want to submit a list? Submit your pitch here!
Monday 6 December
- Meadowlark Winter Walk of Lights – 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens – Enjoy the lights and holiday scenes in this annual makeover, which runs until January 2. Tickets start at $ 16.
Tuesday December 7
- Bouncin ‘Babies – 10:30 am-11am Online – Sing songs, read stories and enjoy the sounds of a ukulele with this literacy program run by the Fairfax County Public Library.
Wednesday December 8
- Chair and Mat Yoga Class – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Online – A relaxation-focused class uses both a yoga mat and a chair.
Thursday December 9
- “The Nutcracker” – 7 pm at CenterStage with performances until Sunday – Reston’s Conservatory Ballet performs this holiday classic. Masks required. Tickets start at $ 30.
Friday December 10
- Critter Caboodle Workshop – 7 to 8 p.m. at the Walker Nature Center – Create woodland creatures using natural materials. Masks required. The cost starts at $ 10.
- “Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!)” – 8pm at NextStop Theater Co. with recurring performances throughout December – A three-member cast brings together this satirical and irreverent holiday production featuring vocals Christmas hats with pop-cultural references; and of course, Christmas icons ranging from Santa Claus to the Grinch. Tickets start at $ 25.
Saturday December 11
- Holiday Market – Noon to 4 p.m. at the Reston National Golf Course – From photos with Santa to free hot drinks, local vendors, food trucks, music and more, celebrate the holiday season with this family event. Free and open to the public.
Sunday 12 December